Role of Mechanical Engineers in Construction Companies
In the construction industry, mechanical engineers are responsible for designing, building, establishing, and maintaining all kinds of mechanical tools & components.
The Demand for mechanical engineers in the construction field is always increasing because the role of a mechanical engineer in a construction company is very much essential to carry out all the mechanical-related activities.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Mechanical Engineer in a construction Company
- Mechanical Engineers are responsible for implementing & monitoring all the mechanical-related operations at the site as per the approved designs & methods.
- Mechanical Engineers design the plans & specifications for the installation of equipment.
- During the time of installation, if any problem arises, mechanical engineers are responsible to solve the query &should make sure that the materials are installed correctly.
- Attending meetings for discussing the project, go on-site to ensure the work is happening properly.
- Mechanical Engineers are responsible to co-ordinate with the equipment dealers & suppliers.
- During the time of delivery of equipment testing by the mechanical engineers.
- Recording of tasks going on the site is also done by the mechanical engineers.
- Quality checking, Material controlling, & planning are the important tasks are done by them.
- Supervising all installations of machinery & equipment at the site also ensuring fulfillment of industry standards & requirements.
- Mechanical Engineers are responsible to maintain necessary coordination with other discipline engineers for the completion of the project.
- Checking the Dimension of the delivered materials to ensure that the material’s dimensions are within permissible limits.
- Upkeep & maintenance of all the machines used at the site for
construction purposes is also the responsibility of a mechanical engineer.
- Ensuring proper erection & alignment of pumps & turbines.
To work as a Mechanical engineer in a construction company one needs to complete an under graduation engineering degree or a diploma in mechanical engineering.
The construction industry offers various jobs for mechanical engineers. Construction, infrastructure, real estate, oil & gas companies hire mechanical engineers.