What is the legal procedure to register a construction company in India?
In this article, we will talk about the registration procedure of a Construction company in India
Construction companies can register like the following
- Partnership Firm
- Limited liability Partnership firm
- Private Company
- Public Limited company
- Proprietorship Firm
Procedure for registering a Construction Company
- Name of the Firm — The first thing is to decide the name of the company. If it is a Private Company, the name of the firm can be XYZ private Lmt. If it is a Public Company, the name of the firm can be XYZ Lmt.
- Objects of the Company — The memorandum of associations of the Company contains the main objects of the company that are required while pursuing the activities of the company, the main object of the company should include the construction & infrastructure activities.
- Preparing the documents required for the registration of the construction Company
Following documents are required
1. Pan card
2. Aadhar Card
3. Bank statements
4. Address Proof (electricity bill can work, property agreement or rent
5. Rent agreement if the office is on rent
6. Mobile Number and E-mail ID
7. NOC from the owner
- Hire a CA or professional for the registration process
Find a Company secretary who will assist you in the registration process. The Company incorporation documents are to be tested by Company Secretary, Charted Accountant, or Cost Accountant in practice.
- Opening a Bank Account for Your Construction Company
As per MCA (ministry of corporate affairs) having a bank account is mandatory during the time of incorporation. So you need to choose the bank in which you
want to open a Current Account for your Construction Company.
- Submission of Incorporation application
Once you are done with all the formalities, you are required to apply for
incorporation of a Construction Company. If you have hired a CS or CA, they will process with the incorporation form.
- Registration Certificate
Once you complete all the legal formalities, you will receive a Registration Certificate from your construction company. This completes the registration process & your company is now registered.